Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Easy Scolloped Potatoes


2-3 raw potatoes, sliced thinly
Sausage, sliced thinly and cut in half
flour
onion salt
onion powder (or 1 chopped onion)
pepper
thyme
milk
butter
shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)

Place a layer of potatoes in a greased 9 x 9 dish. Sprinkle 2-3 Tbs flour, 1/2 tsp onion salt, pinch pepper, thyme, and onion powder. Layer a handful of sausage on top, and repeat the layers, ending with potatoes and seasonings. Add a few slivers of butter to the top, and cover all with milk. Bake at 400 for about an hour, or until potatoes are done, and golden on top. Top with cheese, let it melt, and serve.
Makes 4 servings.

(Recipe and photo courtesy of Pirijo Silver)

3 comments:

Lady Lawson said...

These look yummy! I think I'm going to try to make these this week. What do you usually eat with it, out of curiousity?

Pirijo and Donny said...

roll, and salad - not very interesting, but it seems to work just fine.

Lady Lawson said...

I made these last week and they were great! Ryne loved them too! I think I put a tad too much pepper though, so I'll need to adjust that next time. Also, it wasn't as creamy as I would like...don't know if that means I need more MILK or more FLOUR? Still yummy though and super easy!!!