Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Chicken with Almonds


2 lb chicken, sliced into slivers
1/2 cup blanched almonds
pepper
3/4 tsp onion salt
1 Tbs cooking sherry (I use balsamic vinegar)
Have ready: 4 unbeaten egg whites

Heat 2 Tbs oil in a skillet, until very hot. Add chicken, and saute quickly, adding pepper, onion salt, and sherry (or vinegar). Maintain high heat 3-4 min. Add egg whites, and scramble mixture. When egg is set, add almonds and heat thoroughly. Serve with rice.

(Recipe courtesy of Didi Lawson, photo courtesy of Pirijo Silver)

2 comments:

Pirijo and Donny said...

The rice itself does tend to be a bit bland, so I add a little butter to my rice. Donny puts a few drops of lemon juice on his.

Lin and Didi Lawson said...

Lately I add some sliced carrots in with this meal to give it some color. It doesn't detract from its mild flavor.