Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Mom's Meatloaf



Top view - prior to cooking

This recipe is from my Mom, Luann

1 lb ground beef/turkey
1 can tomato soup
salt/pepper
1 egg
onion, chopped (optional)
Saltine crackers - about 1/2 to 3/4 of one sleeve
worchestershire sauce - 2 tsp (optional)
3-4 slices bacon

Mix meat, egg, salt/pepper, onion and 1/2 can tomato soup together. Crush crackers. Put some in and mix up (Hint: do it with your hands with disposable gloves on to get mixed up good). You can tell if you have enough crackers if it is the consistency you can mold into a loaf shape. Cover top and sides with the rest of soup and put bacon on top.

Bake @ 350 for about 50-60 min.


(Recipe and photos courtesy of Erin Lawson)

1 comment:

TLB said...

I really like this receipe and it's easy enough even I can do it! So . . . I'm making it for one of the new moms from our church tonight . . . along with my potato casserole. Yum!