Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Campbell's Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole


2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
2 2/3 cups water
1 ½ cups uncooked white rice
1tsp. onion powder
¼ tsp. pepper
¼ tsp. celery salt
Paprika
5 - 1 lb chicken pieces
Shredded cheddar cheese
(2 cups frozen mixed vegetables - optional)

In a casserole dish, stir together soup, water, rice, onion powder, pepper,and celery salt. Lightly dust chicken, on both sides, with onion powder,pepper, and paprika, and then place in the dish with the soup mixture. Cover with foil. Bake at 375 F for 50 min., or until chicken and rice are done. Top with cheese, and let it melt, then serve.

Makes 5+ servings. Easy!

(Recipe courtesy of Pirijo Silver. Photo courtesy of Campbells)

1 comment:

Lady Lawson said...

I made this last night! It's very similar to my Mom's recipe, but a little different. Tasted just the same though! Ryne loved it too!

Instead of using whole chicken breasts, I cubed some raw chicken (coated it as recipe called for) and then mixed it into the casserole. I omitted the veggies and just did a veggie on the side. We've got leftovers for tonight too! YAY!