Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Oven-Baked Pork Chops

I was having dinner guests and tried to find a pork chop recipe online.  This is what I chose and I was very pleased with the outcome.  Because you can stick the pork chops in the oven, you can relax before your guests arrive.  I like that.  Had carrots, corn and cucumber salad with this meal and freshly baked bread.  Everybody raved about it.

1 c. flour
4 t. paprika
3 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
4-6 thick pork chops or up to 14 thin, boneless pork chops
1/2 stick butter per frying pan

1 small onion, chopped
1/2 c. flour
2 c. milk
juice from one lemon

Mix first four ingredients on a plate and dredge chops on both sides.
Melt butter in skillet and add chops.  Brown on both sides and transfer to a shallow baking dish or cookie sheet.
Add onion to skillet and sauté.  Stir in 1/2 c. flour and blend in the milk with a whisk.  Let gravy thicken for 2-3 minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.  Pour over pork and bake at 350 uncovered for 30 minutes for thin chops or 60 minutes for thick chops.

No comments: