This is supposed to be a knock-off of Olive Garden's Alfredo sauce. It's been a while since I've eaten there, but I think it's probably pretty darn close.
1/2 C butter
2 Tbl. cream cheese
1 pint heavy cream
1 tsp. garlic powder
2/3 C grated parmesan cheese (preferably fresh)
salt to taste (I used garlic salt)
pepper to taste
In a saucepan, melt butter, and then add cream cheese. Once the cream cheese is soft, add in the cream, and incorporate well. Add in the garlic powder, and simmer for about 15 min. on low, stirring frequently. Add in the parmesan, and stir until all melted and mixed well. Now add the salt and pepper to taste.
I usually don't have heavy cream on hand, but since I did today, I finally tried this recipe out, and it was super yummy.
(Recipe courtesy of food.com, photo courtesy of Pirijo Silver.)

No comments:
Post a Comment