Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lemon Chicken


1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts, cut into thin slices
1/4 c. chicken broth (water and 1/2 t. chicken bouillon)
1 T. cornstarch
2 T. soy sauce
1 t. sugar
1 T. cooking oil

1 t. grated ginger root
3 1/2 c. sliced carrots or zucchini
2 T. lemon juice

Blend chicken broth with cornstarch, soy sauce and sugar. Set aside. Heat oil and stirfry ginger root for 30 seconds. Add carrots or zucchini and stirfry for 2-3 minutes. Remove. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Add broth mixture and cook until thickened and bubbly, then add vegetables and lemon juice. Cover and cook for 1 minute and serve over rice. Makes 4-6 servings.

2 comments:

Lady Lawson said...

This is great...I think I have pretty much everything on hand already! So, do you think I can use ground ginger instead of grated ginger root?

Lin and Didi Lawson said...

I'm sure that ground ginger will do just well. It's such an easy recipe, and I usually have sliced chicken in the freezer to make it even easier.