1 Tbl. Red Curry paste
1/2 C Chicken broth
1 can (13.5 fl.oz.) Coconut milk
1/2 C creamy Peanut butter
4-6 Tbl. brown sugar
1-2 C cooked Chicken
Over medium heat warm the curry and milk. Blend the paste as best as you can, until the natural oils create a sheen on top of the milk. Add in the broth, peanut butter, and sugar. (How much of the sugar you use is up to you. Start with 4 Tbl. and taste test it. Add more until it suits your taste buds. I find that if you're feeding this to children, the sweeter the better - so you'll want 6 Tbl.)
At this point you can either add in the chicken, or freeze half the sauce without the chicken. (We're a small family, so I freeze half the sauce for another meal.) I use 1 Cup left-over shredded rotisserie chicken in my remaining sauce, and it taste wonderful.
Serve over rice, or long grained pasta, with a side of steamed veggies.
Total recipe makes about 10 servings.
No comments:
Post a Comment