Saturday, September 22, 2012
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
It's soup season once again, and I tried a new recipe. This delicious creamy cauliflower soup is well worth the effort.
INGREDIENTS
1 c. milk
1 t. salt
14 t. pepper
1/8 t. nutmeg
1 egg yolk
1/4 t. lemon juice
1 large head cauliflower
1 c. chicken broth (I used more to thin the soup a little)
1 c. water
4 T butter
1/3 c. flour (I used bean flower)
DIRECTIONS
Wash cauliflower and cut into flowerets.
Combine broth and water and bring to a boil. Drop in the cauliflower and cook for 10 minutes. Remove flowerets and set aside.
In separate pot, melt butter and stir in the flour. Cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour in broth and milk and whisk until it comes to a boil and is smooth and thick. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add cauliflower, salt, pepper and nutmeg and simmer half-covered for 15 minutes. Puree.
Beat egg yolk into puree and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. DO NOT BOIL. Add lemon juice and taste for seasoning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment