Sunday, April 12, 2009

Biskuittaschen mit Quarkcreme







Cheesecake Pockets, an elegant dessert






POCKETS:
3/4 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1 t. baking powder

Mix ingredients, then spread onto round, precut pieces of wax paper that are placed on a cookie sheet. The size of the rounds depends on how big your pockets should be. I used a bowl to cut out the rounds. Bake at 375 degrees until golden (it takes only a few minutes). As soon as the pockets are taken out of the oven they need to be turned upside down and the wax paper needs to be peeled off immediately. Then carefully fold the pockets in half and let stand to cool.
Just before serving, fill with the following

CHEESE FILLING:
8 oz. cottage cheese or Ricotta
8 oz. cool whip.

Mix ingredients and add a little lemon juice and lemon peel and as much sugar as desired.
Fill the pockets and garnish with fruit. Dust with powdered sugar.

This recipe sounds involved, but it is actually quite easy and fast to make.

2 comments:

a friend to knit with said...

these look DELICIOUS!
thanks for sharing!

Pirijo and Donny said...

I made these tonight, and they were very good. However, my shells did not stay round, and they were difficult to seperate from the wax paper (not sure what I did wrong on that). I used ricotta cheese with the cool whipe - in fact, the smallest size I could find is actually 15 oz., and so I used the whole thing, and then just added about another 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Delicious!