Monday, February 14, 2022

Beef Broccoli Stir Fry

This recipe is always a big hit in my house.  And it doubles very nicely. 


 


1 1/2 lbs. thinly sliced beef (I like to use Eye of Round stake cuts - always turns out nice and tender)

Marinate for at least 2 hours, or longer (usually let it marinate over night).

Marinade

1/2 tsp.  baking soda
2 tsp. granulated sugar
1 Tbl. corn starch
3/4 Tbl. soy sauce
1 1/4 Tbl. water
2 Tbl oil (I use sesame oil - gives it a nice flavor)


Prepare and steam 1 - 1 1/2 cups bite sized broccoli rosettes, and set aside.
Prepare the sauce before you start cooking the meat.

Sauce

1/4 Cup soy sauce
1/4 Cup beef stock (it's important that you use quality stuff here, like Knorr Select Beef flavor Base)
3 Tbl brown sugar
4 cloves minced garlic - or 1 tsp. garlic powder (I use the powder) 
3/4 tsp. ginger
1 1/2 tsp. white vinegar
1 1/2 Tbl flour
1/2 tsp. onion powder
dash of black pepper
2 Tbl oil (I use sesame)
1/2 tsp. sesame seeds (optional)

In a large, deep pan, heat 1-2 Tbl oil very hot.  Pour your beef (with the marinade) in the pan, and spread it out.  Let it sit for about 1 minute before turning each time.  Cook all sides, until you hardly see anymore pink parts.  Add the sauce, and stir.  The sauce will thicken. Add the cooked broccoli until heated through.  Serve over rice, and enjoy!


No comments: