
1 lb. bag of oreos (crushed)
1 8 oz. box of cream cheese (room temp.)
melting chocolate
Crush the whole bag of oreos into small crumbs (either by hand or using a food processor) - reserve a handful for later. Blend the cream cheese and oreo powder. Roll the mixture into about 1 inch size balls.
Melt the chocolate in a bowl. (I used milk chocolate chocolate chips, but you can use whatever kind of chocolate you like best.) Using two forks, dip the oreo balls in the melted chocolate, and place them on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper. Sprinkle the top of the balls with the reserved crushed oreos. Once all the balls are done, refrigerate for at least 30 min. for the chocolate to harden. Enjoy!
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen Truffles.
ETA (by Erin Lawson):
Some alternatives are to use white chocolate or even Candy Melts to coat the truffles. For white chocolate, I've then drizzled milk chocolate on top and for Candy Melts, I've topped with sprinkles. For Christmas, you can use Mint Oreos and top with crushed peppermint candy canes.
ETA (by Erin Lawson):
Some alternatives are to use white chocolate or even Candy Melts to coat the truffles. For white chocolate, I've then drizzled milk chocolate on top and for Candy Melts, I've topped with sprinkles. For Christmas, you can use Mint Oreos and top with crushed peppermint candy canes.
(Recipe and photo courtesy of Pirijo Silver.)

1 comment:
These look so good and so easy to make!!! I'll have to make these for my next book club meeting or something. Thanks!
Post a Comment